Tuomari / Eija Verlander, FI judge: Total 41 shih tzu
C.I.B. POHJ & FI & SE & DK & EE Ch JMV-14 EEV-16 Jo-Kin’s Wag That Ducktail om. Seija Rantamäki .
NORDIC & IS Ch ISJ Ch& RW-19 Ta Maria Athina om. Kristinsdöttir Anja Björg , picture: Helga Kolbeinsdottir .
The virtual Shih Tzu Show Comments
I thank the Finnish Shih Tzu Club for the invitation to judge this virtual ”Photo Show” – and most of all thank you all for supporting the Finnish Shih Tzu Club. As many of you do not know me, just short presentation: I got my first Shih Tzu in 1974, got passionately interested in the breed and was very active in the Breed Club for 30 years and was FCI judge for 20 years. I am always grateful to many experienced Shih Tzu breeders who guided me since the late 1970’s. I have never bred dogs, but worked hard to share information and helped Finnish Shih Tzu breeders to acquire more English blood for their breeding. I was chair/member of the ST Club Breeding Committee which was an important channel to support new breeders and to arrange breed seminars for new judge candidates and Club members.
I see myself as member of the ”Old/Classic School” meaning that I respect the Breed Standard and see Shih Tzu as a family dog being able to live normal doggy life in spite of the long coat. The most important is the
dog under the coat – not the grooming skills!
But now to the photos; very difficult to choose the winners as some photos are professional and some are taken from wrong direction. I decided to look for sturdy little dogs with
correct balance and broad head. So I have judged the dogs on the photos – NOT THE DOGS – no possibility to know what is under the coat or how they would move! – Eija Verlander –
Tulokset luokittain / results by class
UROKSET / MALES
Pennut/Juniorit luokka – Puppy/Junior Class (2)
1. Lac-Me’s Fabulous Spookies @Nubos owner Nina Boren ja Sirpa Eronen critique: G/w puppy of excellent type, sturdy, short legs, nice proportions and tail seems high, face not seen.
2. Lustica Iirikar Niilo owner Ege Salumaa critique: Dark brindle/w standing free but on the photo seems to have bit higher legs. Nice face, broad muzzle and chin, dark eyes. Nice coat coming.
Avoin luokka – Open Class (14)
1. C.I.B. POHJ & FI & SE & DK & EE Ch JMV-14 EEV-16 Jo-Kin’s Wag That Ducktail owner Seija Rantamäki critique: Solid gold masculine dog, close to everything I love to see in a Shih Tzu, excellent breed type, well balanced top line with high tail. Broad head, wide set, full, dark & round eyes with aloof expression. Broad muzzle, open nostrils and correct chin. Beautiful coat. (Reminds me of the Finnish Shih Tzu in the 1990’s) BEST MALE 1 and BOB
2. C.I.B. NORD & DK & SE &NO & BAL & LT & EE & LV & KLB & HU & DEVDH & DE Ch DKW’18 KBHW’18 LTW’19 KLBTW’19 DKJ & KLBJ & VDH & DE JCh Joy’s Fuoco Su Ghiaccio owner Lotte Smed critique: This photo is like a painting! A lovely, free standing, dark brindle /w dog of correct breed type with ideal top line. Very attractive head, wide set eyes, broad muzzle, correct chin. Excellent tiptop coat – very eyecatching.
3. GB Ch Art Made Gene Kelly owner Mrs S Cooke & Mrs M Hatten critique: G/w masculine dog with melting expression. Seems to have nice top line and excellent high tail. Broad enough head, dark eyes, strong muzzle, correct nose and chin. In beautiful coat.
4. FI & LV & RU Ch EEJV-17 EEV-17 DEJV-17 JV-17 Jo-Kin’s All I Ever Wanted owner Sirpa Eronen G/w sturdy dog with short legs, excellent breed type. Broad round head, strong muzzle, eyes dark, seems to have correct top line and nice tail, good coat quality. Standing free.
Reanelis It’s All Goodman owner Marjut Hautanen
FI & EE & RU Ch TLNW-19 Jo-Kin’s Vodka Aston Martini owner Sirpa Eronen
Spookies In Luke Skywalkers Dreams owner Sari Tuomivirta picture: Jarmo Ellilä
FI Ch Camelle Jolly Good Fellow owner Jonna Taipale
FI Ch Jo-Kin’s What A Smartie Pants owner Seija Rantamäki
FI & EE Ch LT & LV & EE JCh BALT JCh LVJV-18 BALTJV-18 Jo-Kin’s Darth Vader Is Not My Father owner Sirpa Eronen
Spookies Dark Knight Dream owner Veli ja Kirsi Hämäläinen picture: Julia Isoviita
Ashmakin Bodacious Smooth For JaxTzu (IKC) JW ShCM ShCE owner Jacky Moore
C.I.B FI & EE & LV Ch EEV-18 Art Made Paul Newman owner Sari Wikström
Spookies Dreaming Of Jack Sparrow owner Marja-Liisa Koponen
Veteraanit – veterans (over 8 years) (4)
1. FI & EE Ch Camelle Hope And Glory owner Mirka Pekkalainen critique: G/w masculine, sturdy dog, correct breed type, nice top line and high tail, standing free. Head is broad with excellent strong muzzle and chin. Eyes towards sun, but seem to be dark. Natural coat of good quality.
2. FI & SE & LT Ch HeVW-16 VV-18 Jo-Kin’s Kiss Me Close owner Seija Rantamäki critique: G/w dog of excellent breed type, beautifully balanced, head is broad enough, strong muzzle and open nostrils, good chin. Lovely coat, standing free.
3. C.I.B. FI & EE & LV Ch DKVV-16 VV-16 DEVV-17 VV-17 HeVW-17 PMVV-17 Jo-Kin’s Kisser King owner Jennika Orpana critique: G/w dog of correct breed type, beautiful top line, nice tail, broad enough head with strong muzzle, wide set eyes (not quite open due to sun?), good chin, underlip lacks a bit pigment. Lovely carriage, excellent coat. Standing free.
4. FI Ch Jolyan´s Never Say Never owner Marjut Hautanen critique: Fawn dog with beautiful coat, very nice top line and high tail. Round head wide set dark eyes, strong muzzle, chin not showing well on the photo.
NARTUT / FEMALES
Pennut/Juniorit luokka – Puppy/Junior Class (7) Very difficult to comment baby photos.
1. FI & EE & LT Ch JV-18 TLNJW-19 Jo-Kin’s Forget The Brain Use The Hair owner Jennika Orpana & Ida Karesola critique: Goldish/w beautiful junior lady with lovely high tail. Alert and feminine expression, dark, wide set eyes and broad muzzle and good chin. Beautiful coat, in tiptop condition.
2. Thaisu Gothig Witch owner Sandra Cooke critique: G/w short legged puppy with lovely warm expression. Dark, round eyes and good muzzle and chin, dark pigment. Tail looks to be high. A profuse coat coming on.
3. Bearsize Susie Wolff owner Catarina Gustafsson critique: a solid gold free standing junior bitch – not a good photo, but she has a lovely top line, high tail and seems to have a nice head – looks sound all over, feminine.
4. Aise Bijou Darcy Vargas owner Elena Reznikova critique: The colour looks brindle/w, carrying herself well, alert expression, nice top line, beautiful coat.
Spookies Too Busy Being Fabulous owner Nina Boren
Spookies Its Your World Now owner Annika Larvanko
Lac-Me’s Molina owner Mirka Pekkalainen
Avoin luokka – Open Class (8) The best overall quality in this class – all participant were beautiful & of correct breed type! It was difficult to decide…
1. NORDIC & IS Ch ISJ Ch& RW-19 Ta Maria Athina owner Kristinsdöttir Anja Björg , picture: Helga Kolbeinsdottir critique: Free standing solid gold bitch, feminine with high tail, carrying herself beautifully. Lovely expression, dark, wide set eyes, good muzzle and chin. Coat seems to be of excellent quality. BEST FEMALE 1 and BOS
2. Bearsize Kajsa-Kavat owner Catarina Gustafsson critique: The stunning bitch on this photo runs directly to my heart. Her head is excellent, broad with wide set eyes, good muzzle and chin, lovely expression. The photo has caught the real attitude and temperament of this breed we all love. She has short legs, (unfortunately the photo shows only the front).
3. C.I.B. FI & DK Ch PMV-17 TLNW-19 Jo-Kin’s Second Seduction owner Jennika Orpana critique: G/w feminine bitch, not standing relaxed so the top line in not shown correctly – but she is of correct breed type and has lovely round head and seems to be full of Shih Tzu temperament. The coat is beautiful.
4. FI Ch Kim-Ono’s Zinnie Stardust owner Marjatta Kiminkinen critique: Very good photo of the most difficult colour – solid black. A very feminine bitch of correct breed type. Standing free carrying herself beautifully. Sweet expression, round head with well set round eyes, strong chin. Beautiful coat – looks to be of excellent quality.
Jo-Kin’s It’s Tea A’Clock owner Eija Vesava ja Jennika Orpana
FI Ch Tellenmussukat Tähti Taivaan Hulda owner Nina Boren
FI Ch Jo-Kin’s Mitä Sä Huutelet owner Sini Niiniviita
FI &EE Ch JV12 Jo-Kin’s Part Of Your World owner Sini Niiniviita
LEMMIKKILUOKAT / PET CLASSES
Söpöin kasvokuva – cutest head (3)
1. C.I.B FI & EE & LV Ch EEV-18 Art Made Paul Newman owner Sari Wikström critique: Strong, broad head with the most warm expression, frontally placed dark eyes (on the photo could be better shown). Broad muzzle with good nose and chin. Excellent pigmentation. BEST HEAD
2. Spookies Dark Knight Dream owner Veli ja Kirsi Hämäläinen critique: Lovely bl/w head with a very focused expression. Wide set, frontally placed round dark eyes, broad muzzle with good chin, perfect pigment
3. C.I.B. POHJ & FI & DK & SE & EE & LV & LT & BALT Ch V-13 BALTV-14 KurzemeW-16 Besamano’s Follow Mee Guys owner Sari Wikström To me, this photo shows expression of a dog who has experience of life. Short cut coat shows well the broad forehead, well set eyes and excellent dark pigment. Just love his calm & wise expression.
Söpöin kasvokuva – cutest head (3)
1. Tellenmussukat Joulusatu Spookies owner Nina Boren critique: G/w beautiful strong bitch head, broad, round, well set eyes and good muzzle and chin. Very dark pigment.
2. Besamano’s Come On ’N Kiss Me owner Raija Polvinen critique: G/w short cut hair but good head shape, wide set, dark and round eyes, broad muzzle and correct chin, excellent pigment, very feminine
3. FI Ch Kim-Ono’s Zinnie Stardust owner Marjatta Kiminkinen critique: Solid black, a sweet and feminine head – photo not showing both eyes, but they seem to be round and well set, correct chin.
Osallistumalla eli maksamalla osallistumismaksun yhdistyksen järjestämään/mainostamaan näyttelyyn tai muuhun tapahtumaan hyväksyt tapahtuman yhteydessä tapahtuvan video- ja valokuvauksen sekä kuvien julkaisemisen sekä internetissä että yhdistyksen lehdessä. Kuvan käytön oikeudesta vastaa kuvan lähettäjä. Tykkää tästä: Tykkää Lataa...